dr. Ingrid van der Pluijm – EUMC
Assistant professor Cardiovascular Aging
(Age-related) Aneurysmal disease
- Investigate molecular processes that underlie age-related cardiovascular diseases and identify which of those are specifically affected by therapeutic or dietary intervention, with a focus on single cell sequencing applications.
- Develop a 3D vascular model, based on iPS derived cells with CRISPR/CAS modified disease-causing genes, to mimic and study age-related cardiovascular disease. In parallel I will apply functional assay development and computer based high throughput analysis
- Combine forces of clinicians, clinical geneticists and scientists in one Academic Center to perform cutting edge research and ensure the best possible care and treatment for aneurysmal patients, by basing research on actual clinical demand.
- RNA sequencing and single cell RNA sequencing to identify therapeutic targets and affected processes
- CRISPR/CAS introduced (patient-based) mutations in iPS cells, differentiation to vascular (VSMC/EC) cells
- Translation to the clinic where possible through visibility and dissemination
HDMA, FAPESP, TKI-Holland